We are dedicated to inform aspiring Designers and Creatives about Sustainability
and introduce them to paths of action they can take on professionally
in order to put Sustainability into practise.
“If we can design our way into difficulty, we can design us out.”John Thackara
latin: “en” (in, into)
used for forming verbs with the general sense
– to cause a person or thing to be in a specific place, condition or state
– to be surrounded or encircled by a person or thing
– to transform or transition a person or thing into something else
The “n:” part of our undertaking identifies as the Design part. Describing the latin prefix “en”, it is supposed to be understood as the creative part which surprises, thinks outside the box and opens new perspectives. It is also the active, vibrant, dynamic part which starts the symbiotic relationship between Design and Sustainability.
latin: “visio” (look, appearance)
– the act or power of sensing with the eyes
– the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be
– an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency
– something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience
– a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation
The “vision” part of our undertaking represents Sustainability, a divine framework engulfed within a set of rules set by nature which allows us humans to inhabit this planet, the framework we need to get back to.
„Problems cannot be solved with the same mindset that created them.“Albert Einstein
A journey to the unknown…
We are convinced that business as usual is neither viable nor acceptable anymore. We therefore decided to leave our well-known believe systems and explore new shores. This a journey into the unknown and we expect it to be a long, circular and iterative process.
We believe combining Design and Sustainability enfolds an enormously powerful tool to shape a desirable sustainable future for everyone on this planet. We want to represent the change we want to see in the world and dedicate our professional careers to inform, inspire and empower other young aspiring Designers about the chances that lie ahead of them in the upcoming century. We want to help build smart solutions for the problems that already exist or are expected in the near or further distant future. We are convinced that a revolution is always introduced best by introducing new and better ways which make the old ones obsolete.
What we want to do
The intention of our workshop is not to train designers to serve specific companies.
Instead, we want to let them explore and manifest their individual and independent professional path,
serving the greater goal of a sustainable future for everyone.
“The best way to predict the future is to design it.”Buckminster Fuller